Health and Safety on Motorbikes
Motorcycling is becoming a hugely popular and common means of transport in current years. From commuting to touring, we have everything you need to know when it comes to bike health and safety tips. From here, we are going to teach you all there is to know on ensuring maximum safety as a motorcyclist, and also with your motorbike.
Motorcycle Health and Safety
You can learn a lot about motorcycle health and safety from just watching others on the road. This will enable you to adapt your ride and alter your techniques based on other road users. You should never use this as your riding platform, but it can show you which hazards and dangers to look out for. Likewise, with the techniques and skills that will help to keep you safe. If you’re new to cycling or even if you want to better your knowledge, understanding motorcycle health and safety is vital. This will help you in all aspects of biking. So, come and check out our top ten tips on motorbike health and safety.
- Plan your route
- Be aware of other motorcyclists and drivers
- Ride with people who you trust and are experienced
- Ensure you’re always seen and are visible
- Wear the right bike gear!
- Keep a distance
- Take a motorcycle safety course
- Buy the best bike that fits your riding level and ability
- Be cautious in certain weathers
- Always wear a helmet
Wearing the right bike gear and always wearing a helmet is one of the most important aspects of being a motorcyclist. Think of your bike gear and helmet as your second skin, without them you should not ride. Remember: if you’re going out on your motorbike, never leave without your bike gear and motorbike helmet.
Guide on Safety for Motorbikes
One of the most important parts of being a motorcyclist is ensuring good, safe driving at all times. This can be anything from being cautious on the road to the riding techniques in which you use. No matter how familiar or experienced you are as a motorcyclist, it’s important to understand the basics and what is required in order to stay safe. That said, here is a quick and easy guide on safety for motorbikes and cyclists.
- Always keep your feet firmly on the footrests when moving
- Keep your feet horizonal on the footrests with your toes pointed straight forward, as this will avoid you from hitting the ground
- Ensure that your elbows are kept away from your body for strength
- Keep your arms bent as this will act as a shock absorber
- To help with balancing your bike, press your knees against the petrol tank
Promoting Safe Motorcycle Use
When it comes to the safety on and with motorcycles, here at Aire Velo Bearings we know how important it is. Whether you’re on the road or looking for ways of promoting safe motorcycle use, we can help. Our expert team have years of knowledge within the biking industry, so we assure that our tips for health and safety on motor bikes will benefit your experience when biking. Be it your safety as a driver or ensuring maximum health, it’s good to know what we can help.
As the UK’s largest stockist of headset bearings and a huge range of bike bearings to offer, Aire Velo are the professionals to call on for the best range of bearings. Come and shop online with us today, and if you require more information on our bearings or our bike health and safety, contact us and we’ll do our best to advice you further.